What is this? Medical gaslighting is where patients who have gone to their doctors about symptoms they have and felt that their symptoms were arbitrarily dismissed as insignificant or labeled as primarily psychological by doctors. These symptoms may be a sign of something serious but have been labeled as nothing by the doctors.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES?
Sometimes your doctor may not take your concerns seriously may be because of an overload of patients, thinking that the symptoms of one patient may be the symptoms of all patients, or maybe not having an understanding of the cause of the symptoms you are having. It is important that you are an advocate for your own health. 30% of all medical encounters and 50% of all female encounters with doctors result in misdiagnoses. I am not saying that all doctors are misdiagnosing their patients.
Some doctors may not have the education to diagnose the specific or rare symptoms you may be having. Not all cases are textbook cases. You have to be an advocate for your own health. There are a few things you can do to help get your concerns looked at seriously. When going to the doctor follow these steps:
1. Release your shame- don’t be ashamed of the symptoms you are having. Your body is talking to you. Listen to it closely.
2. Identify your top three symptoms- identify what is affecting you the most. Which three symptoms are affecting you the most.
3. Express how your symptoms are affecting your quality of life- tell your doctor how these symptoms have changed your life and how getting better will increase your quality of life.
4. Advise the doctor that you have researched on your own- advise your doctor that you have looked up your symptoms and what you have found
5. Request the testing that you need based on the research you found- I’ve done my own personal digging and this is what I’m asking for- if the doctor refuses or brushes you off, you may need to find another doctor.
6. You know your body, don’t quit until you get the right answers.
7. Seek a Trichologist for hair loss issues- a trichologist will help you get to the root cause of your hair loss issues because the hair follows the body and a trichologist will dig deep into those causes.Medical Gaslighting is something that is happening in America and we need to take a closer look at why this is happening and what can be done to avoid unnecessary deaths in America. If you are having hair loss issues that have been misdiagnosed and you are still searching for answers, click on the link below to schedule a Diva Assessment call today so that we can get to the root cause of your hair loss.
3 Steps to Hair Loss Recovery
Send download link to: